Friday, June 6, 2008

Gotta Start Somewhere.

EARLY this morning I went with a couple of friends to the Lee Metcalf Refuge to try to capture some nature. I was expecting roaming deer and hopping bunnies. No such luck. It was quite cold and cloudy--not the best of mornings to be out there. It was a beautiful drive, especially at 5:30 in the morning when the mist and fog is still hovering over the mountain tops. Too bad I have a lousy lens (for now) and have no idea what the correct exposure is for a cloudy mountain in half light. Just one more thing to learn this summer.

Anyway, here's a couple of shots that I ended up with--I thought I'd dedicate it to Laura, as she always appreciates my shroom shots. Why is that, Laura?

Please remember that I am a student here, and so the skill level is nowhere near where I hope it will be in the next few months. But I figured the end result will not be as impressive if I don't show my beginning efforts first. Right?

In other news, my neighbors have the CUTEST dogs and I have been stalking them. I talk to them through the fence and they wag their tails at me. The dogs, not the neighbors.
Would it be totally weird if I asked the people who live there if they'd ever let me walk them? The dogs, not the neighbors.

Oh how I miss my puppies.

4 comments:

McKay said...

I like the little twig on the left of the Mushroom in the lower frame. He's like a little friend.

Amanda and McKay said...

Yes, he is like a little friend. Just as I am your little friend. And you are my mushroom.

Kristen said...

If you were the lovely girl peeking through my fence, I would be happy to let you walk my dogs! In fact, you'd probably evenutally ask to be paid for all the dog walking I would "let" you do... Love those pics!

Hobo said...

Oh these are wonderful!!! I do appreciate these! Good job early bird! I think the diverse textures of shrooms are what catches my eye. That one on the top resembles a hibiscus-- it's awesome.
If you can muster the courage, ask the neighbors. Maybe you can try to catch them when they're outside and easy to approach. (I'm going through the exact same thing right now with my new neighbors and their beagle). :)