Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pictures of my sweet nephew coming soon...

In the mean time, here are a few photos from some of our Hawaii fun...


The first two weeks I hung out with Leanne and Isaac (who is now 5 weeks!) and came to grips with the reality of life with a newborn baby. Leanne is an awesome mom. I was totally amazed at what a woman can do on an hour and a half of sleep. Night after night. It's unbelievable. I helped where I could, but she definitely bore the brunt of the late nights. Despite the sleep deprivation we had so much fun. Hours of laughing and talking about how cute Isaac is and each of us attempting to convince the other to move. Most of our sentences ended in, "...which is why you should move to Portland," or, "...and that's why you're moving to Maui."
I HATE saying goodbye to Leanne.




The last week McKay joined me and we had a fantastic time. This pond was the front of the resort that we stayed in. Leanne hooked us up majorly with dolphin cruises, snorkeling, luaus, and a resort to die for.


One of the perks of having a boat captain for a brother-in-law, when he needs to go to the bathroom he leaves you in charge of driving the boat.


I became seriously addicted to the lava flow. I've never known anything like it.


This was a total highlight for me-- on the way back from a dolphin cruise, where we saw eagle rays, spinner dolphins and spotted dolphins, we pretty much ran smack into a HUGE tiger shark, who for some reason, was sunbathing at the top in the middle of the ocean. Usually these guys stay pretty deep, but he was just kickin it at the surface. It was CRAZY to see a shark in the wild like this. So much better than watching the discovery channel...

More to come!

3 comments:

Britten said...

Leanne has a baby? Wow!! Congrats to her. Tell her I said "hi"!

I love Hawaii. I need to go back soon cuz I've never had a lava flow. I'm totally missing out.

Unknown said...

beautiful photos. I love the pics of you and McKay on the beach!!! Fabulous!!!! You all look wonderful and yes...post photos of Leanne's baby!!!! I can't wait to see him. Your mom told me he's very "tall" already. haha...a tall baby. that sounds cute.

Zanny said...

Dude, tiger sharks FREAK me out! Those things are mean!